Re: automated gas pump (no LBC )

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: automated gas pump (no LBC )
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 19:41:46 +0000
From: patrick bailey <>
> I just saw a blurb on Abc news about this new hi tech gas pump Shell is
> testing ,you have to get a special cap from them, then when you drive,
> in this big robot arm scans your car and opens the door and puts gas in
> your car automatically so you don't have to get out of your car and get
> your hands dirty! ... Somewhere in the deep recesses of my feeble memory I
> remember going to the local SERVICE station and getting the gas put in
> automatically without getting my hands dirty.Also this amazing machine
> would wash your windshield,check your oil,check your tires and even
> smile at you when you were done!

This reminds me (so many things 'remind me' these days, must be getting old)
of a long-time British Telecom engineer seeing out his last few months before
retirement, proudly going round cutomers houses getting them ready for
automatic exchanges.  One crusty Colonel type asked him what the benefits were
and the engineer said "You can pick up the phone and dial anywhere in the
world" to which the Colonel replied "Hmmph!  Up till now I have been able to
pick up the phone and just ask".

PaulH.