Re: automated gas pump (no LBC )

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: automated gas pump (no LBC )
From: mil76@juno.com
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 12:09:51 EDT
> These pollution laws
>are also why there are those 'hoses' that cover the end of the pump,
>to recycle the fumes.
>
>SNIP>

Is it just me, or has California lifted the requirements for these
contraptions on the pump?  While filling my tank last week at a pump
equipped with this device, I looked at the shadow of the nozzle, and I
saw a shadow of fumes emitting from the pump as if there was nothing
stopping them.  Then when I filled up at a newer gas station yesterday, I
did a double take when I pulled out the nozzle and there was no vapor
recovery device whatsoever.  I can't imagine the California Smog Nazis
loosening their grip on any regulation they've managed to ram down our
throats.  Have they realized that the amount of gas spilled trying to use
these things cancels out all the fumes recovered from proper use?  Or do
they not work at all?

John Miller