TD ignition situation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD ignition situation
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 21:17:37 -0400
The TD has been running great for 2500 miles. Went out for a spin and
got a "rough" running engine. I decided to check the points and they
were pitted so I filed them smooth. Started and still not quite right.
So now I am changing condensors. Each of three condensors do not do the
trick. Could the points need replacing or maybe even the coil? I had no
problem with the car one day and the next day I started it up and it
will not run well. I did clean out the carbs, filter at fuel pump etc.,
etc. The timing is right on the mark and the points are gapped to .o11.

Coil or points or maybe even a fourth condensor? What do you think?

Steve
52 TD