RE: The incredible shrinking top

To: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>,
Subject: RE: The incredible shrinking top
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 97 02:48:19 UT
Alan,

As noted in some past thread the problem is not that the top has shrunk -
rather, over time, the car gets bigger!!!

Anyway, try letting the top sit out on a hot sunny day and perhaps you can get
it to stretch a bit.  As for the crude, if the top is white (all of mine are)
use bleach white tire cleaner.  Works like a charm.  If the top is some other
color forget the bleach white and use and good stiff brush, simply orange (or
is that green)detergent and prodigious amounts of elbow grease.

Good luck,

Dr. Doug
69 C Roadster (white top and white tonneau)
69 C GT (BRG)
69 B Roadster (white top black tonneau
)