Blessed? [was Re: Hot Hot Hot] -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Blessed? [was Re: Hot Hot Hot] -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:43:29 -0400
Hi Carol.

My footwell heat problem wasn't the standard 'It's an MG, it's supposed
to be that way.'  I found that I had a loose connection between the
exhaust manifod and the exhaust pipe, so a lot of exhaust heat was
slamming against my firewall and trans tunnel.  Once I got that taken
care of, insulation wasn't neccessary.

I'd say you're blessed in that you can get good tight exhaust
connections done right the first time.

Care to give some good advice in that vein?

I will say this is the first car on which I've found brass nuts holding
the exhaust together.  I suppose that's so they don't rust to the
manifold studs, but I don't yet have the knack to torque them correctly.
 I don't want to strip that soft brass.  Maybe a dollop of lock-tite or
double-nutting will help...

Matt Kulka
'74 B - now driveable in long pants.

>>> Carol <car@texas.net> 08/12/97 09:57am >>>
Hmmmm....

With all the conversations about heat in the footwells, I'm wondering if
I'm just blessed...