Re: Opinion on new MG

To: tboicey@brit.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Opinion on new MG
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 13:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
Guys,

The Japanese sports car industry has been shot through with sythesized
idea-cars.
You may remember the Datsun 1600......You  remember, the one that had an
engine that would take an MGA cylinder head.

Or how about the 240Z?  The Datsun people were only too happy for the press
to refer to it as a 'Japanese Jaguar".

When the Miata was being considered, the Mazda folks took a Lotus APART in
Japan in order to study the car.  And bragged about it in the press.

I DON'T think that EVERY Jap car is a knockoff, but if it walks like a duck
and quacks like a duck..........

MG's were inovative cars for years until the BL takeover, and I would suggest
to you that the true spirit of Abingdon does not reside in merely the
restoration of old designs, but in the exploration of NEW designs of
affordable sports cars.

In that sense, the F is a nice step forward.

Safety Fast!
Ray