Re: Opinion on new MG

To: Spook37211@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Opinion on new MG
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:30:13 -0400
Spook37211@aol.com wrote:
> The problem with the rice burners as well as the Miata can be easily summed
> up:
> They are knockoffs......copies........repros.....non-originals.

  There is no room on the list for this crap.

  First of all, Japanese built cars are no more knockoffs
than any other car made anywhere else in the world. Companies
make cars that are like other successful cars, that's
called business. Most cars are evolutionary, not
revolutionary. And the cars that are totally new aren't
sorted by country of origin.

  Secondly, this list is about MGs. Even if you didn't
offend me on other levels, there is still no room to
be discussing cars that don't wear the octagon unless
it is somehow relevant to cars that do wear the octagon.

  And finally, I like my "rice-burner" cars as much as
my MG. You can choose to be as close minded and rednecked
as you wish, but there is no place on this list for you
to brag about it.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada