Re: opinion on new mg

To: bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us
Subject: Re: opinion on new mg
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:04:40 EDT
I'm with you, Len.  In our MG club we try to include and invite everyone
who likes LBCs and any other afficianados of the motorcar. There's a
great amount of cross pollination here---some of the most incredible,
quality, paint work ever seen is on some cars that we wouldn't want to be
seen in, but the owners know the right places to get excellent
workmanship.  A couple of weeks back, Chip Olds was discussing the  weak
valve mechanisms on T series cars. Mentioned roller lifters. Didn't those
get invented by drag-racers. Craftsmanship is just that, regardless of
where it's applied. Gone are the days when Sprites waved to MGs, MGs to
Healeys, Healeys to Jags, Jags to Alvis & Bently, and everyone bowed and
scraped to prewar Alfas and Bugattis.
 If nothing else, we're all glad that our cars haven't been captured by
the crushers.
Bob