taking the plunge

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: taking the plunge
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:45:54 -0400
Greetings, all!

I am a 46-year-old school teacher that can't seem to outgrow his
childhood-- i.e. I'm perilously close to purchasing an MGB. My first car
was a '67 (say it softly) Sunbeam Alpine & have since wanted to have a
"B".

I'm looking at a '74 roadster with steel wheels & no overdrive. The body
seems intact (slight rust in driver's side rocker panel - surprise!) &
it looks good.

May I tap the wisdom & knowledge of this list for advice on what to look
for in regards to things that might give me more problems than they're
worth? The price is quite reasonable (certainly less than $10,000! <g>)

Thanks!

Gary Graham
"WannaB" owner