Re: taking the plunge

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: taking the plunge
From: Wally Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 05:37:28 -0700

> May I tap the wisdom & knowledge of this list for advice on what to look
> for in regards to things that might give me more problems than they're
> worth?
>>
> Gary Graham
> "WannaB" owner

Gary, your proposed purchase will surely be hiding more problems than
are visible to the naked eye.  Sherlock Holmes himself could not forsee
the hidden anomalies and "gotcha's" that will be creeping up and
overtaking you directly after the purchase.  You may actually get in a
few minutes of "fun-running" with the 'B before something smacks you
between the eyes.  Of course, being a former owner of another LBC (I
once had a 1960 Sunbeam Rapier so I know from where I speak), you have
realized the Great Truth..."All British Cars Require Work At Least Once
Per Week To Keep Them Running".  My sons thought I was joking when I
sprang this humourous statement on them, but they have since seen the
light.

Welcome to the gang.  The empathizers on this list will get you through
most of the stressful stiuations.  Hell, go ahead and buy it!!

Wally / Templeton, MA
71 MGB with more problems than a hippopotamus with chapped lips.