Re: Does the world need another post abo

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: Does the world need another post abo
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 22:16:55 EDT

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:26:31 -0800 karim.marouf@cancom.com writes:

>Bob writes...
>
>  And I've had a kid say, when looking at tthe GT, say "Isn't that a
>Volkswagen?"
>
>Same thing happened to me. While at a gas station with my '67 GT, a
>guy in a
>brand-new VW Jetta says, "Nice car. Is it an old VW?" I guess people
>confuse
>B-GTs with the old VW notchbacks.
>
>Karim

 Well, not all the time.
   A couple of years ago several club members had gone for a drive on the
Blue Ridge Parkway, when it was noticed that a couple of the cars at the
tail end of the caravan, a red rubber bumper Midget and a white BGT
weren't with the main pack. Assuming (correctly) a mechanical
malfunction, the rest of us pulled off to send a rescue party, when a
Ranger pulled in with us.  I asked him if he had seen a couple of cars
back down the road with problems. "yes, the red one had the hood up and
the station wagon had stopped to help"
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget