EZ out stud extractor question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: EZ out stud extractor question
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 01:51:23 +0000
Has anybody had a lot of experience with using "EZ outs" to remove
broken studs?  One of the four bolts that hold my transmission
crossmember to the car is broken off, as well as one of the studs
that holds the rocker shaft to the head.  The crossmember bolt
shouldn't be a problem, but the rocker stud isn't broken off flat.
The broken end resembles a stair step, with the vertical part of the
step pretty much in the middle of the stud face.  I dread drilling
the pilot hole for the EZ Out.  All of this may be academic, since my
engine is currently being rebuilt.  I'll probably just have the
manchine shop do it when they do the head work.
        I'll probably have them paint the head and block as well.  Anybody
use any color schemes that worked particularly well?  The car is a
'72 'B', BRG, and has one of the polished aluminium valve covers.
Was thinking a semi-gloss black for the block, and something between
bright red and blood red for the head.  Don't really care too much
for the maroon I've seen.
Scott