Re: Jap=Ripoff?

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: Jap=Ripoff?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:12:07 -0400
Spook37211@aol.com wrote:
> BUT.....MG's tried hard to make large improvements throughout
> the companies' existence

  There's something you might never hear again. Worth
printing for sure.

  Or do mean "tried hard" the way I might "try hard" to
lift my house with one hand?

> The Miata is a redo of a 60's car.

  Ever driven one? Seen under the hood? Been more
intimate with one than "seeing it drive by"?

  I'm not a big fan, but there isn't much 60s in
them except the spirit. The same could be said about
a lot of muscle cars today too, still living in the
past.

> I don't say that auto design began and ended in GB.  By 1980, you must
> remember that the B design was 20 years old.....unheard of as far as sports
> cars are concerned.

  Well, like you say, they "tried hard to make large
improvements". Given another 20 years, some improvements
might actually have appeared.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada