Re: Electronic Fuel Pump

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Fuel Pump
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:36:41 -0500
Don Mathis wrote:

> At 12:56 PM 8/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >The instructions also say to position the pump so that the output end is
> >uppermost.  I hate to ask, but is that necessary?  If so, I'll have crawl
> >back under and reposition the bloody thing.
>
> I found a place on the firewall.  It works.  The output end is not
> "uppermost".

Huh? Mounted the fuel pump on the firewall? Under the hood?

It's you car and your money but electric pumps work a lot better the closer they
are to the input soruce. That is, the can push fuel a lot better than they can
pull it. It'll either work fine or you'll have a lot of "vapor lock" type
problems. Also, you'll have to be more cognizant of fuel pressure ratings with
the pump that close to the carbs.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still