Heat Soak

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Heat Soak
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:44:15 -0400
Hi All,
        Here's something else to ponder.  Coming home from work in my gre=
en
1975 Midget, I stopped off to pick up some gas.  The needle was right on =
on the dual temp/ oil pressure gauge.  By the time I had filled up with g=
as
etc, the needle had shot WAY past the Hot zone and was in fact pointing a=
100 psi  (ie the needle was out of the temperature part of the gauge and
was now in the oil pressure part of it!)  Expecting a Chernobyl disaster,=
 =

I fired up the engine and drove home.  It soon cooled down back to N, =

though not before giving me the dreaded symptons of vapor lock ( this is
when maximum speed is a majestic 5 mph and there are twenty cars behind y=
ou
blowing their horns)
        Normally, this car (1500 engine) is very slow to warm up, BTW.  I=
does have a thermostat because I put one in a while ago.
        Anyhow, what gives.  This car spends the night next to my white
1275, of "Can't get over 3000 rpm" fame.  Have they been talking about me=

and what a lousy owner I am?
        Hey, I just remembered something - where is the heater valve for
the 1500's.  I've looked all over the place.  On the 1275's, of course it=
's
a cute tap thingee that sits on the cylinder head.

Adrian    (Getting hot and bothered)