Re: Heat Soak -Reply

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com
Subject: Re: Heat Soak -Reply
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:58:20 EDT
Another possibility,
  It wasn't mentioned, but was the engine running while the temp rose?
If not, it probably isn't anything to worry about.  With the engine off,
and near normal temp, the temperature in the block will rise , sometimes
quite rapidly, as the uncirulated coolant absorbs heat still in the
hotter metal block.  As soon as the coolant begins to circulate again,
the gauge returns to normal within a few minutes.
  Both my cars (72 BGT and 74 Midget) will do this if shut off for a
short period, especially on a warm day
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget