Re: garbage on mail list

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: garbage on mail list
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:51:56 -0400
Randy Rees (Volt Computer) wrote:
> Not to be the Microsoft advocate, but Microsoft Outlook even has a
> preview feature so I can read the first few lines without opening the
> message, Other programs may or will eventually have this also. Makes it
> real easy to whip through 50-80 messages and allows you to see that a
> thread you previously were not interested in has changed even though the
> subject line didn't.

  I see all these little suggestions as the equivalent of
"oh no, don't bother fixing that oil seal, that takes too
long, I just stop at every street corner and throw in
another quart! I don't mind at all!".

  There are ways to survive this list without fixing the
real problem, but the real solution would just be to
fix the damn problem.

  Why should hundreds of listers have to download, preview,
and then delete stuff just because somebody had to get it
off their chest that Moby Grape was the first band they
listened to when they first got an 8 track player?

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada