Re: Starting a Fresh Rebuilt MGA 1500

To: RatiganJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: Starting a Fresh Rebuilt MGA 1500
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 02:28:01 -0400
RatiganJ@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow listers...
>
>      Over the last year and a half I have been rebuildig the
> mechanicals on
> ..... the  starter
> would barely turn the engine over. (it did not start!)

Before rebuilding the starter, make sure the battery and connections are
good.  Sometimes a rebuilt is tight enough to crank real slow even with
a good starter.  Might try using two batteries (positive to positive,
negative to negative).  If this doesn't do it then rebuild the starter.
They will usually turn over much more quickly after that first 20
minutes at 2500.