Re: '66 MGB Value?

To: JedPiper <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: '66 MGB Value?
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 17:04:45 -0700
JHow were the bumpers prepped prior to painting?

> My only reservation would be that old "identity crisis" thing.  My 76' is
> often mistaken for an Alpha; my fear would be that with colored bumpers it
> would ALWAYS be mistaken for an Alpha.  I know that I shouldn't care
> but....?
>
> Have you had a similar problem with mistaken I.D.?
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Jed
> 76B Brooklands Green

I did it myself 2 years ago using Plastikote flexible bumper adhesion promoter
and primer from Peeep
Boys,wet sanded then followed the directions on the plastikote cans ,then
painted with OEM paint I
got put into spray cans at a local auto paint supplier.No one mistaken it for
anything else I guess
there are enough MGBs in SoCal to not be mistaken.
Pat OFMGB