Re: Events Page For Eastern USA British Car Enthusiasts

To: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Events Page For Eastern USA British Car Enthusiasts
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 00:57:01 -0500
At 11:41 PM 9/2/97 -0600, Phil Bates wrote:

>>SO???? That's how  you're supposed to drive any MG roadster! Otherwise
>>you'd have bought a GT! RIGHT??!      ;-)

>These people aren't crazy!

OF COURSE WE'RE NOT CRAZY!!! I always drag this axe around behind me... for
comfort ;-)

>This is how you drive an MG in the rain.  Just
>today I drove home from work at 80 mph in light rain with the tonneau on
>only 1/2 my car, and the driver's side window up.

Bzzzzzt!!! GONG!!  The WHAT??!! Driver's side WHAT??!! Sissy. ;-)

>As long as you exceed
>about 45 mph, it all goes right over you.  Unlike Carol, I can't say how the
>MGA does, but hopefully I'll find out soon.

[Aside: This man is insane! ]

Nobody WANTs to drive in the rain. Why do you look forward to the
experience in the MGA??! ;-)

OTOH, the cars adore the rain! The MGA with an attitude and Darlin' both
seem to run better in cool moist air... Go figure!

Carol