Re: Origins of "car bug"?

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Origins of "car bug"?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 05:14:53 -0700
Scott Gardner wrote:

> I got to thinking tonight--Where did each of us get this love for
> tinkering with/restoring/driving old cars?

Well, I know that mine was deeply rooted in the look of that '80 midget I talk
about
in hushed tones.  Another part of it is rooted in that '86 Ply**uth.  I always
knew I
could do better, and I always thought that a car could be tuned better than it
was
from the factory.  After all, who knew about MY car better - Me, who drives it
every
day, or some corporate mucky who studied it for a few months?

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College