Origins of "car bug"?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Origins of "car bug"?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 01:07:53 +0000
I got to thinking tonight--Where did each of us get this love for
tinkering with/restoring/driving old cars?  No one in my family ever
got the bug, if you don't count the two Fiat 850s my oldest brother
ran into the ground when he was in college.  I went to an upper-class
high school, where the parents bought most of the cars, and they were
almost invariably new cars, with the exception of one old Ferrari and
a very nice '66 Corvair, so I wasn't exposed to it there.  I'm only
twenty-seven, so it's not as if I'm reliving my youth with the cars
of the time.
        Now that I think of it, my oldest brother does tinker, but his hobby
is woodworking, which I can't stand.  Maybe I'm better at
"assembling" things than I am at actually "building" things.

        So how about it?  Can any of you trace the origins of your mania?

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner