Re: Causes of low oil pressure?

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Causes of low oil pressure?
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:55:53 -0400 (EDT)
The rod and main bearings are the worst offenders. A tip off that you are
in for trouble is if you hear pinging from the engine when you accelerate.
If you try all the usual things to get rid of the pinging and it is still
there you better pull the pan and examine the rod bearings.If you see
copper on the bearings you may have caught things in time.
...Art