Re: LBC Safety

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: Mike Hartley <mganut@accucomm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 23:15:19 -0400
Some years ago my older brother was in an unfortunate accident where he
had a blowout and lost control of his '86 Accord and rolled it several
times before cutting a telephone pole into three pieces.  If that
weren't enough, the car came to rest only after it rammed into several
trees.  There was not a single body panel on the car that was not
damaged, and all of the glass had broken.  The force of the collision
was so great the it knocked both of his shoes off of his feet.

He was not buckled in and was thrown into the back seat with several
garbage bags filled with plastic grocery bags wating to go the the
recycling center.  Fortunately the plastic bags cushioned him in the car
and he recieved only minor injuries.

When he got out of the car, he thanked God for watching over him and
saving his life.  He also swore that he would never put himslef into
that situation again.  He never gets into a car without fastening his
seatbelt.

He got lucky.  Once.  Why bet your life on being thrown clear of an
accident when all of the studies show that seatbelts, when worn
correctly, save lives?  It seems like a no-brainer to me.  Just wear the
damned belt!

But that is just my $0.02 worth.

Mike Hartley
mganut@accucomm.net