New Toy (no LBC content)

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Toy (no LBC content)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 23:14:20 +0000
Well, I guess I felt like I didn't have enough things to work on, so
this weekend, Riqui (my lovely wife) and I bought a motorcycle.  She
owned one when we started dating, and always regretted selling it, so
for the last ten years, we've been keeping our eyes open for a good
deal.  Friday, we found one.  A 1979 Yamaha 650 Special, 15,000
miles, garage kept, all original, looks like it's only three or four
years old, runs great, and doesn't leak anything.  Spent all
afternoon Saturday getting a cover, lock, saddlebags, helmets, etc.
        Actually, Saturday was a story in itself.  We told the PO we would
be there at noon with $1000 cash.  Well, we didn't realize that our
bank has no lobby hours on Saturdays.  Our ATM limit was $400 daily,
so we got that, and went out to the base and cashed a check for $300
(daily max).  We got the other $300 by going to a half-dozen grocery
stores, buying two or three items apiece, and writing separate checks
for as much over the purchase amount as they would let us.  Made it
there with fifteen minutes to spare and $1000 in twenties, tens, and
fives.
        I realize this has nothing to do with LBCs, but buying it Saturday
and detailing it today were the highlights of my weekend, so I
thought I'd share!

Cheers,
Scott