Re: Email Manners...by Trevor

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Email Manners...by Trevor
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:27:43 -0400
<SNIP a few lines>

>  But no quoting, nothing. No idea what you are saying
>"Atta boy" about, only a vague idea that it is possibly
>directed at one of the list members named Bob. Which
>means perhaps one person on the list will actually even
>know what you are talking about.

I agree with Trevor on this point (funny huh?)...if you are responding to
an email, please at least leave the *relevant* parts of the original
message in your message.  This make it much easier to follow what is going
on.

If you don't understand that, just look at what I did above, and thru this
message.

Another thing that upsets me, is that people reply to a message and leave
the FULL message in their reply.  That just makes it harder, please cut out
all parts of the message that you aren't replying too.  I did that here, I
cut the first 2-3 paragraphs that Trevor wrote because my response had
nothing to do with them.

And as said before, CHANGE the subject line when the thread starts to get
drunk.

>  Of course, now you've decided to post your reply in
>public because you want to create a useless THREAD about
>your useless post.
>
>  Some people know no limits.

I don't know, but from this last few lines, I think Trevor should be
elected to write an Internet FAQ on Netiquette....

"Proper Email Etiquette, by Mr.  Trevor "Email-Me" Boicey"

>--
>Trevor Boicey

Oops I just created another useless post...

Kai

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)