Re: Safety Fast / CTR event ain't just for Triumphs anymore

To: drded@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Safety Fast / CTR event ain't just for Triumphs anymore
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:15:49 EDT
On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:24:22 -0500 (CDT) drded@ix.netcom.com (David
Deutsch) writes:
>No it wasn't me but I will tell you that if you were one of the
>several
>hundred cars that were blew by along the Hutchinson Parkway>Merrit
>Parkway>91>84 (NYC to Manchester, CT) by 4 MGBs, a TR4 and a Spitfire,
>
>then I'm guilty. We made very nice time and would have done even
>better
>time if we hadn't had the, ball and chain, Triumphs that I had to slow
>
>for and wait to get up the hills. We had a great run and a great show.
>
>The field of 150+ cars included a good 30 - 40 MGs. Lots of List
>members including Rich Boris, Mike Robson, Bill Singleton, Eric (from
>Manchester) and Bud Krueger. Next up for me is the MGs on the Rocks
>show, down Baltimore way on the 27th and British MADDness in
>Bethlahem,
>Ct on the 28th.
>Safety Fast, David Deutsch

David omits to mention that we were travelling so fast up the merritt
that my cold, white fingers had to be pried from the steering wheel when
we arrived!!
Excellent show, lots to see and some nice folk to boot-  I was in an
"early B" class where there were actually five GTs and only two roadsters
- very unusual- I think mine was the only one that gets used regularly
though - the guy next to me said he was looking for a beater to drive on
the road cos he wont use his "restoration"
My teeth went 2/3rds of the way through my tongue......

mike robs