Re: Silicone Brake Fluid

To: ckotting@iwaynet.net
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:04:56 EDT
On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:57:27 -0400 Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
writes:
>barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord) wrote:
>
>>I started using DOT 5 when I restored my car, .....  That switch only
lasted 11 years and 125,000 miles.  Should I be disappointed?

>Uh, no.  .....
>
>OTOH, I've known folks running silicone who had to replace 3 switches
over the course of a summer, then went back to Castrol with no problems.
Go figure.  Maybe there's a difference between the MGA and MGB switches
that matters?

Or maybe the switches made 11 years ago were better than those made more
recently?   Oh, oh !   Maybe I'd better stock a spare now?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude