Re: TD brake lights solved!

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: Re: TD brake lights solved!
From: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:37:39 -0400
A. B. Bonds wrote:

> In <3430E85D.10DF@hbp.com>, Steve Tritle wrote:
>
> >Yes, I cleaned and soaked my old switch and it worked. Don't use WD 40
> >as it contains water and will corrode again. I also purchased a new
> >switch just in case.
> >
> Hello?
>
> Contains water?
>
> The spray is mostly light hydrocarbons, with a little graphite and
> other non-volatile stuff.  It can leave a residue.
>
> However, the "WD" means "water displacing".  It's meant to dry out
> ignition wires, etc.  No water here.
>
>                         A. B. Bonds
I've talked to several chemists who told me that "water displacing" is
not totally accurate when dealing with WD 40 in conjunction with
non-silicone brake fluid. I am not a chemist...just passing along some
info from those purported to be knowledgeable in this area.

But you know the Internet...you can't believe all you read.

Cheers,

Steve
52 TD