Re: Problem refitting engine

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: Problem refitting engine
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 18:35:34 EDT
On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:25:17 -0400 (EDT) Art Pfenninger
<ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU> writes:
>       Sounds like a bit more urban folk lore,I can't imagine the
>factory
>going through any soakings. How much oil can a piece of brass, and I
>said
>brass soak up?
>...Art

Enough to make the difference between premature failure of the brass
bearing, and a long lived servicable bearing.
  The factrory doubtless did them in batches, or recieved them from the
supplier pre-lubricated.
  And no, I would'nt trust a replacement brass bearing to have been
pre-lubed.  I always assume its as dry as Death valley in a drought.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget