Re: Problem refitting engine

To: "Art Pfenninger" <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>, <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Problem refitting engine
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:02:24 -0400
I don't know if it is true of the spigot bushing in question, but a lot of
bushings used as journal bearings were made of sintered bronze, which is
sort of powdered bronze solidified under high heat and pressure.  This
manufacturing technique results in a porous bushing that can absorb oil.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt."  -- Mark Twain