Re: Electrical Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electrical Question
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:39:45 -0600
On Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:46:27 -0400 (EDT) Teacher122@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 97-10-05 21:00:54 EDT, pplusb@northlink.com writes:
>
><< Lost all power, but not suddenly.  Pulling plug wires at the
> distributor, either of two will cause the engine to falter.  Pulling
> either of the other has no effect, BUT - when the end of that wire is
>
> held close to its socket in the distributor cap, some rather
> righteous sparks start jumping.  What does this mean?  Had to go
> somewhere, so did not get any further in my investigations.
>
> Bill
Sorry if I missed something here but what kind of car, what year, and
which cylinders are you talking about (#1 is at the front of the car)?
What happens when you pull the wires at the plugs (not distributor),  do
you have one or two carburetors?

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster