Re: Electrical Question

To: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Question
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 10:39:48 -0500
At 06:01 PM 10/5/97 -0700, Bill Meyer wrote:
>Lost all power, but not suddenly.  Pulling plug wires at the
>distributor, either of two will cause the engine to falter.  Pulling
>either of the other has no effect, BUT - when the end of that wire is
>held close to its socket in the distributor cap, some rather
>righteous sparks start jumping.  What does this mean?  Had to go
>somewhere, so did not get any further in my investigations.

Bill-

I had the same thing happen (just pulled the wires from the spark plug end).
Two of them caused the engine rpm to drop when pulled.  The other had little
to no effect when pulled, but rpm increased if you held the connector close
to the plug.  It turned out to be two bad spark plugs (brand new NGK's).  As
I recall - the internal resistance was a lot lower on the two bad plugs as
well (can't remember the reading now).

Regards,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB