Re: parts to Canada

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Subject: Re: parts to Canada
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 03:09:22 -0400
Leckstein wrote:
>  Need some help. At the Binghampton GOF the YB starter quit. Mark and
> Heather Evenchick, had a spare.(from a midget, they fit TDs and YBs with a
> tiny bit of modification)  Now I need to send them a replacement. Problem
> is, they live in Ottawa. I don't want them to get stuck paying duty and tax
> on a starter that was really theirs in the first place. Any ideas?  Should
> I ship USPS ?  The starter looks new. Should I put  dirty grease on it?

  Nope. No funny business required, the people who work
the border can't tell a starter from anything.

  You can send it USPS or UPS, it doesn't matter, since
they won't be paying duty or tax. If you DID have to
pay anything, avoid UPS like the plague, they'll charge
like $30 to do the paperwork.

  Declare it for $20 or less CDN, which to be safe, should
be like $10US. There is a box on the form for "gift",
check it. Write what it is on the form.

  Save the convoluted story for the appeal, if required. I
have successfully appealed so many things, the secret
is to keep sending it back with the same story until
it lands in somebody's desk who doesn't care, and it
gets cancelled.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada