Re: Overdrive on 77 MGB (Thanks!, it's alive once again)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Overdrive on 77 MGB (Thanks!, it's alive once again)
From: Tom McLaughlin <tomm@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:04:22 -0500
Just wanted to drop a note and say thanks to all those who gave me advice
on the overdrive problem I had.  Not sure what was wrong with it, but it
works now.  It reminds me of when I was a little kid and just took
something apart, put it back together and it worked.

I rewired some of it as the wiring was pretty damaged and fixed the switch
to engage the overdrive.  I pulled the solenoid and made it, ehhhh, erect a
few times.  I cleaned up the o-rings a bit, put it all back together with
some fresh tranny fluid and it works better now then when I got the car.

Took the longest drive ever, about 80 miles, yesterday.  Not too far, but
had a great time.

Tom
77B