Olde English White

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Olde English White
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:19:52 -0400 (EDT)
Hey, Folks,
Thought I'd post a note here...tried on the Healey page, and have not had
much response.  I am nearing paint for my '59 Bugeye, and need help in
matching Olde English White.  I have found a factory code, WT3, and wondered,
were there different WT3 codes for different cars???  The Dupont code is only
available in lacquer, so had a spray can mixed at the local auto parts store.
 I have found only one area of the car with original paint on it, behind the
rear suspension, and it is definately not a match.  The sample I had mixed
appears to be darker, almost a greyish tone to it, not as creamy as the
original.  Has anyone had this color mixed with favorable results???  As my
sample is part of the car, it will not be possible to have it computer
matched.

Also, I have been told the only thing they can mix with computer matching is
base coat/clear coat, and I am thinking of using acrylic enamel.  Any
thoughts regarding which type of paint to use (lacquer, acrylic enamel,
polyurethane, base coat/clear coat)?????  Thanks in advance for your help in
this matter.  The car is not going to be Concours, but I am trying to keep
the exterior/interior as original as possible.

Rod Miller
'59 Bugeye (a tub at this moment, awaiting major organ transplant (1275) and
cosmetic surgery)
'72 TR6 (son's car)