RE: Engine break in

To: "'Art Pfenninger'" <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Subject: RE: Engine break in
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:13:00 -0500
Art:
I bought a '96 Chevy Tahoe a year and a half ago and the dealer said not =
to worry about it, but the manual DOES give a break in period of 500 =
miles and says "no towing!". It's probably not a big concern, but piston =
rings and valves aren't all THAT different from 50 years ago really. The =
Tahoe's 350 V-8 has been around how long? I figure if your gonna shell =
out that much loot, even for a rebuild, why tempt fate and end up with =
something breaking at 5000 rpm?
Dan Ray
Ft. Knox, KY