Re: Same problem but different...Re: Electrical Question

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Same problem but different...Re: Electrical Question
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 14:21:47 -0500
Blake Wylie wrote:

> What else is there to look at?  Could it still be the front carb?  Could a
> valve be stuck somewhere?  Is there something I missed in the electrical
>system?

Well, it sounds like you've beatin' on the ignition long enough. You say that
plugs
1 and 2 are wet -- usually meaning no spark but you've been down that road.

So, worrying about rocker shafts, and stuff, I'd say check your valve lash. Make
sure all the valve clearences are right and visually inspect operation. Then I
would
do at least a compression test and, if possible, a leak down test to see if
you've
got correct compression.

Then it would have to be the carb and the front one is real likely. Start with
float
level then make sure the linkage is balanced and the dampner piston is moving
normally. As a quick test, I'll bet if you block the front carb inlet the motor
will
still (almost) run but if you block the back carb it will die right now.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"The qualities of team players are most highly regarded by incompetent coaches."