Re: wrist pins?

To: <miker15@juno.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: wrist pins?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 10:20:26 -0400
Mike,
The wrist pin is the pin that goes through the top of the connecting rod
and connects it to the piston. You have to pull the connecting rod and
piston to get at it. On industrial engines and Cat diesel we used to do
this with out pulling the crank, But on an MG????. You might be able to
pull the pan and head, unbolt the con rod push the piston out, replace is
the reverse. But to go to this much I would pull and do the whole engine.
Sorry. Suggest you find out if that is indeed the situation First and not
something a little easier to fix.

Larry Macy
78 Midget