Re: Still won't idle

To: "Alan Bidgood" <bidgood.alan@ssd.loral.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Still won't idle
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:19:28 -0700
Almost 100% sure this is caused by a bad gulp valve. For some reason, when
these go bad, No. 2 cylinder really suffers at idle. To prove if this is
the problem, disconnect the big hose that goes between the gulp valve and
the elbow into the manifold and plug it (a piece of wood dowel or a large
diameter bolt), also disconnect and plug the small hose that goes into the
gulp valve. Also check that the elbow is a secure fit in the manifold;
these have a habit of coming loose.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center