Re: Still won't idle

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Still won't idle
From: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:11:24 -0700
Word on the street is that Art Pfenninger (ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU) said:
>       A plug that will fire outside of the engine (laying on the rocker
> cover)may not fire under compression.Test with a spark tester. Take an old
> spark plug and cut the tip off. Then sheet metal screw a large aligator
> clip to the side. Attach the spark plug cable and try it again.

I've seen these instructions before, maybe you can clear up a couple points..

Cut off the tip:  you mean the little l-shaped bit the spark normally
jumps from/to (not the anode is it? the cathode? hmm doubt it) or further
up?

Where do you screw the sheet metal screw through? On the threaded part of
the plug? I assume you should be careful not to go through to whatever is
on the other side of that threaded part...

The alligator clip clips to ground..

And what is the desired result of this contraption?

Dense,
Skye