Re: music at car shows

To: rfeibusch@loop.com
Subject: Re: music at car shows
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:04:39 +0000
From:  (Rick Feibusch)

>> Why clubs as well as  promotors have to BLAST out all that loud rock music
>> at car shows ? What does loud music have to do with showing nice cars with
>> a lot of nice people to talk to about all of our cars?

> 2)Older folks lose the ability to completely hear both higher and lower
> frequency tones and music can actually cause all of the midrange sounds to
> blurr into an unintelligible rumble. At 49, this is starting to happen to
> me. For this reason, I try not to send too much sound into the vendor
> areas.  It can be confusing and annoying.

Hmmm.  When I was a teenager in the 60's (OK, OK, the first half then) my
parents used to complain about popular music.  When my kids were teenagers I
used to complain about their popular music but still enjoyed (and enjoy) music
from the 60's and 70's, played very loud.  I suppose that means I'm not really
hearing the music, just my memories of it?

PaulH.