RE: First MG

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: First MG
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:04:25 -0700
Dave Houser wrote about the first and last MGs sold in the US, and the
sad story that the last MG burned up on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

I'll bet the car burned up because either the fuel flex lines or the
inertial cutoff valve leaked, causing the fire.

This is a reminder for EVERYONE to check their flex lines, and those of
you with the mechanical cutoff valve REMOVE IT and replace with a
straight through fuel line.  You will still be protected in a crash
because the late model cars had both the fuel valve and an electric
inertial cutoff under the dash.

Let's not lose anymore of our MGs to preventable fires.

Safety Fast,
Paul Kile