Re: Low Beams

To: DenRP@aol.com
Subject: Re: Low Beams
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 18:48:33 -0400 (EDT)
        Before digging into the switch try the easy stuff first. The head
lights are fed by a single blue/red wire. The wire goes into a connector
that has two other wires in it.
. The side of the connector that has the two wires going into it will be
the side to look at first. One of these
controls the left low beam and the other controls the right low beam
If you
can determine which is which pull the lead (hot wire)out. Turn on the head
lights and touch a 12 volt test lamp to this wire. Be sure to ground the
test lamp. If the lamp lights then your problem is either in the connector
or the wires to the head lights themselves. Most problems will be in the
connectors. Clean them with sand paper and the lights should work. Be sure
to clean both the wire ends and the connectors. If the high beams don't
work then check the blue/white wires. One high beam may work and the other
won't if one side on the connector is dirty.
...Art