Re: B tyre pressures, today!

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: B tyre pressures, today!
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:17:00 +0000
> Tires have changed over the last 20-30 years, so I wouldn't even
> consider any recommendations made when our cars were built.  I recommend
> you use whatever pressure the tyre manufacturer recommends.  What's it
> say on the tyre?
>
> -NORY
> Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
> ONLY problem.

Nory,
        The sidewall on every tire I've seen only has a maximum load at a
specified maximum inflation pressure.  I guess you're safe as long as
you keep it below the max pressure, but considering the tire
companies don't know what kind of car the tire is going on, you
probably won't find any recommendations there.
        There are so many variables involved, such as tire wear, fuel
economy, traction, and ride stiffness that we can probably come up
with better values for tire pressure on our own cars than anyone
else, based on our driving habits.
Scott