Re: Hardtop parts '67 MGB

To: welches@loop.com
Subject: Re: Hardtop parts '67 MGB
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:45:37 EST
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:19:25 -0800 Steve & Carol Welch <welches@loop.com>
writes:
>I hope someone on the list can help me...
>I have a '67 MGB & am looking for the weatherstrip that goes between
>the
>quarterlights (side windows) on the factory hardtop and the body.  I
>have
>tried Moss, Victoria British, Special Interest Car Parts, Brown &
>Gammons,
>and several others with no luck.  This is one of the very few parts I
>have
>been unable to obtain for the car. The factory part numbers are AHH
>7247
>and AHH 7248, I believe.
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Steve Welch
>'67 MGB roadster O/D
>'95 Contour SE ATX

I just got the SICP catalogue and they do have them listed -  VB had them
in the summer cat
but i notice they are not in the fall one - in fact i was going to order
(from SICP)
a full set for my hardtop which is NOT factory  - that prompts me to my
question
the top is made by a company called "custom hard-tops" 1711,Harbor Ave.
long beach california
i presume its about as old as the car but before i go off and buy
something that doesnt fit
properly (now theres an unusual proposition...) would one of our
California Brethren
do me a favour and have a look in the phone book - If they are there i
wonder what the likelihood
of their having 27 year old spares is??!!
TIA
mike robson
69 roadster (outside right now in the rain with water coming through the
shot rubber!)
70 BGT
72 roadster