RE: od oops...

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: od oops...
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:22:00 -0800 (PST)
reverse will kill it and 1 and 2 may give it too much torque which could
wear it out prematurely. Your problem is most likely the 3rd /4th sensor
which is actually a little switch that screws into the tranny. You can
unscrew it and replace or if your handy, open it and clean it  out. The
swich has a little ball it it which actuates the switch when you shift
gears. It's a very simple "contacts get pushed apart by movement of ball"
which works great until the contacts get corroded and don't make such a good
connection. Under $20 to replace and you don't have to remove the tranny.
You can reach right up in there with a set of channel locks and remove it.

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu