Re: od oops...

To: robert williford <RDWILLI@VM.SC.EDU>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: od oops...
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:27:29 -0500
Robert-

No worries mate!  So long as the car was not reversed in this condition,
your fine.  Ran across a fellow at John Twist's party this summer who races
he B in SCCA and Vintage events.  He has done exactly what you have done,
effectively giving him two sets of gear ratio's for short, curvy tracks vs.
tracks with a lot of WFO straights.

I suppose that some clever sort could work out away to use the reverse
light switch to disable the circuit when the reverse light switch is
energized.  Seems that a normally closed relay, wired into the back up
light switch would do the trick, thereby eliminating the problem of the
overdrive being engaged when the car is reversed.  Of course the problem
here is that when the back-up switch fails, so does your relay circuit . . .

Regards,

Chris Delling