Re: Sources of parts/information

To: "Richard D. Arnold" <richard.arnold@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sources of parts/information
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:18:43 -0500
Richard,

 saw your mail and I have copied Davids list here for you

Safety Fast !!!
Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer MA

Always try to source your parts via this list first and can many times
acquire your needs from a fellow enthusiast.
Four main new parts vendors in US are :
Moss Motors  1-800-235-6954
Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600
Victoria British 1-800-255-0088
The Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723 or e-mail to
TRFMAIL@internetmci.com
Some of the smaller parts suppliers are:
MG Bits and Spares with an order line at 1-800-643-3482
The Poper MG 1-800-711-3368  or e-mail propermg@aol.com
Brit-tek 1-800-255-5883 (great tech info)
Best of British, Inc. Denver, Co 303-871-1929 (ask for Trevor / no
catalog available)
for you Sprite / Midget and Mini / Morris Minor people:
Mini Mania
31 Winsor St.
Milpitas, CA 95035
800-946-2642
Call all these #s and request parts catalogs, in most cases mentioning
my name will help expedite request although sometime they will say
"David who?" depends on individual on the phone.
There are a few good used parts venders for those No Longer Available
(NLA) items. I highly recommend:
Jim Knight's British Racing Green in Newark, Del. 1-302-368-1117
Ts Imported Automotive, Pandora , Ohio 800-543-6648 or e-mail:
tedsimx@mail.bright.net
Just Brits  Hinsdale, IL  Phone- 630-325-6113   Fax- 630-325-7650
E-Mail- JustBrits@aol.com
There is also a place in Sandwich, MA which specializes in Austin
Parts, Austin Works East can be e-mailed at Austnworks@aol.com
Web Classifies located at http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/index.html
The major National Club is North American MGB Register membership info
can be gotten by calling: 1-800-NAMGBR1 or thru  website at:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr/index.html  Membership is $25 annually
in the USA and includes the bi-monthly award winning "MGB Driver"
publication.
There is a list of local clubs and other MG marque specific clubs at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/index.html
Other MG internet information sites:
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/
http://www.team.net/sol Where you will find the "monster list" of parts
suppliers and venders
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/USACFS.html is a site for Car For Sale
replace USACFS w/ USAPFS and you will get parts for sale classifies
I have an events page at
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/clubs/deutsch.html or
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html
you can find events for British car enthusiasts from Florida to s.e.
Canada along the Atlantic Coast
"Worth looking into" publications:
"British Car - The American Magazine for MG Enthusiasts Who Love
British Cars"
1 year (6 issues) $22.95  1-800-520-8292
"British Marque Car Club News" 28 page monthly newspaper, subscribtion
info available at website http://www.british-cars.org.uk/marque
MGB Driver - available only thru NAMGBR membership
North Amerian MGB Register
Membership Form
Name____________________________________________________________
Address___________________________________________________________
City / State or
Province________________________________________________
Zip or Postal Code_____________________Country_________________________
Home Phone_________________________Work Phone______________________
E-Mail Address______________________________________________________
May we use your phone # as an emergency contact, should a Register
member traveling
through your area need assistance? Yes _______   No__________
Where did you learn of  NAMGBR?_______________________________________
Do you belong to a local club? if so, which one?______________________
How many MGs do you own?____________ Years / Makes and Models ________
What other British cars do you
own?________________________________________
Enclose your check, Visa or Mastercard information and return to:
North American MGB Register
P.O. Box - MGB
Akin, IL 62805  USA          or phone / fax to: 1-800-NAMGBR-1
(1-800-626-4271)
One year membership is $25.00 US ($35 Overseas) and includes our
bimonthly publication MGB Driver
Visa or MasterCard (circle one)#________________________ exp. date_____
Name on Card if different from above__________________________________