ok,ok, so you were right about the carbs

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ok,ok, so you were right about the carbs
From: "Gary A. Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 17:55:28 -0500
I bow to the wisdom of the List! After repeated attempts to get a
usable idle & adjust the mixture, I decided that your
recommendations to do this first were correct. My carburettors (twin
SU HIF4) are now on my kitchen table awaiting a good cleaning &
rebuild.

Question #1:  My throttle return spring is missing. Is it realistic
to assume I can make a new one and if so, is there a lot of return
tension on the linkage or just enough to keep it at idle?

Question #2:  Is there any little trick I would be better off
knowing before I dive into this? I have the Bentley and the Haynes
MGB manuals as well as the Haynes Weber (&SU) carb manual.

TIA

Gary A. Graham
74 3/8 MGB (still trying to drive it before winter)